Dear Praying Friends,
Greetings to you in the precious and powerful name of Jesus!
It’s been exactly 22 days today since I got back to Oklahoma City from Kenya. The post-election violence that was initially of a political nature has now degenerated into ethnic clashes with many lives being lost. Seeing pictures online and watching some videos clips breaks one’s heart to see the senseless killings, the unrest, and the untold suffering of thousands of people. My heart goes out especially to the children and the elderly who are caught in the chaos. May God have mercy on the land of Kenya!
I think I have gotten very depressed over the last three weeks thinking about the instability in Kenya, which doesn’t seem to end. A number of my close friends have lost their homes, and their loved ones, whereas others are separated from their families. It is at such an alarming rate that one doesn’t know what to do but to turn to God for help through prayer. Personally, it has helped talking about this depressing situation with others. Last week I had five speaking engagements in which I asked members of God’s family to pray for Kenya. I know many are praying for Kenya in Europe, Australia, the U.S. Peru, etc, and I am eternally grateful for those prayers.
I am writing this to make an appeal that you PRAY without ceasing for Kenya. Here’s my foster Dad’s blog: http://tfhomes.blogspot.com/ , which has some regular updates on the situation. Please visit the site and keep abreast with the goings on in Kenya. Please pray earnestly for the following requests:
- That the Kenyan government and the members of the opposition party may come up with a speedy and sustaining resolution to end the on-going violence.
- That the church in Kenya may remain united despite the forces threatening to separate her. Pray that the church may remain a neutral shining example throughout the land of Kenya.
- That Christians in Kenya would rally around the Cross of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, resist this evil, forgive each other, and throw aside the things that divide them. It is my hope and prayer that my Kenyan brothers and sisters in Christ would recognize their unity in Christ as the Bible tells us: “For he [CHRIST] himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.” Ephesians 2:14-16, NIV.
- That the Word of God (the Good News of the Gospel) may spread forth and comfort the families that are affected by the violence and bloodshed, and that it will lead many of them to the saving knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- That I may glorify God as I follow His leading for my life here in the States. I know He has me here for a mighty purpose and I desire to fulfill it.
Thank you for your prayers. Please ask the Holy Spirit to bring these situations to mind, and as He does, I trust you will intercede for my country before God’s throne of grace. May God bless you for this purposeful act of compassion. Please send an e-mail note or call if you have a need that I can pray for you and your family.
Your brother in Christ,
N.B. John 10:10 describes the situation in Kenya and offers hope in Jesus: “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I [JESUS] came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” AMPLIFIED BIBLE.